Led Lenser FAQ
LED Lenser provides the next generation of hand-held lighting devices. Instead of standard bulbs these patented lighting devices use light emitting diodes and reflector tubes to produce their astonishingly brilliant beams.
Why Choose Led Lenser?
- LED Lenser optoelectronic technology gives you the worlds most advanced range of hand held lights.
- LED Lenser's reflector tubes are lined with Italian crystal and precisely shaped to "pump up" the light produced by the LED for a broader, more powerful beam.
- LED Lenser’s patented system harnesses each LED's power and drives it forward in a beam like traditional incandescent torches, but with all the advantages of LED technology.
- LED Lenser use 24-carat gold contacts - a superior electrical conductor, which minimises energy lost at the contact points and maximises energy that goes into light production.
- LED Lenser use solid metal casings - most competitors have plastic.
- LED Lenser uses only the highest wattage and the finest quality LED's. We laboratory test our lights to determine precise milliwatt output.
- All products carry a 1 year warranty
Where is Led Lenser designed and engineered?
LED Lenser is engineered in Germany by Zweibrüder Optoelectronics.
Why are LED's better than traditional incandescent lights?
LED's have several advantages over incandescent lights
- LED's are incredibly energy efficient because they generate almost no heat. A standard LED uses only 0.1 watt, and our new, ultra-bright power chips use between 0.8 and 3 watts. This allows all the electrical energy to be used to generate light.
- LED's last longer lasting because there are no filaments to burn out or break. LED's provide up to 100,000 hours of service life. By comparison, conventional torch bulbs last 20 to 100 hours and filament bulbs approximately 1,000 hours.
- LED's are compact, allowing a great deal of light to be produced and emitted in a very small space. Therefore, LED lights are easy to carry and easy to store.
- LED's are more durable. With their plastic enclosed construction, small size and no breakable filaments, LED's can stand up to significantly rougher handling than incandescent bulb-based lights.